Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ][FAQ] GYM THREAD

Page: << < ..311312313 Showing page 313 of 313
Author
H. H. Holmes
  • Total Posts : 3220
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/06/09 18:47:55 (permalink)
A 3 min wait is compulsory when working close to 1rm with squats for me, takes 2 minutes to stop seeing stars for a start lol
Tommy the Coat
  • Total Posts : 3691
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/06/09 18:52:50 (permalink)
Whowhere
A 3 min wait is compulsory when working close to 1rm with squats for me, takes 2 minutes to stop seeing stars for a start lol

Yeah, I'm the same. I have 5mins with any failed sets n all.

Travs
  • Total Posts : 452
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/06/09 20:02:25 (permalink)
Absolute joke of a race today. It was fucking boiling and most of the water sources on the route had dried up, leaving one Tarn (pond) where we could fill up, and it wasn't exactly fast-flowing water.

My problems went beyond that though. Half way round my shoe exploded and i was left with half race left to do in one shoe. The second half of the race is also the rockiest and steepest section. I thought about chucking it in, but for some reason I ploughed on, limping like a goodun. At one of the summits, the Marshall spent 15 mins operating on my shoe with a penknife and some tie-wraps, and 15 mins later I had something resembling a shoe I could run on. I was firmly in amongst the back markers now and was in agony, so I boshed some cocodamols and hared off at full speed, making up 11 places in the next half hour.

Unfortunately my shoe then fell apart again and this time beyond repair, with about 6 miles still to go. Mightily pissed off I just carried on at full speed and remarkably only 5 people came back past me. But I was so fucked coming into the finish I missed the turning and did an extra 3/4 of a mile or so alongside the Lake, before I realised something was wrong. A sorry trudge back, and I finished in7hrs15, losing all the places I'd worked hard to make up.

Astonishingly I didn't come,last, there were still 15 people who either finished behind me or retired. I was actually given a prize at the end(usually reserved for race and age-category winners) for getting round in the circumstances. Said they'd never seen anything like it in the 50 years of the race.

I'm absolutely fucked now though. Off to buy a new pair of shoes tomorrow I reckon.
post edited by Travs - 2018/06/09 20:04:56
Leg Warmer
  • Total Posts : 14611
Re: RE: @ Gym peeps 2018/06/09 22:14:21 (permalink)
Nutter!
Page: << < ..311312313 Showing page 313 of 313
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0