Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ][FAQ] GYM THREAD

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 295
Author
Jobby
  • Total Posts : 22257
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 16:24:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: DEEVS

ORIGINAL: Jobby

Nice one for that ^^^

*let's have a hug*

I didn't know that and have literally been trying to kill myself on a treadmill. I'm not even fat really, just a bit heavier than I should be in certain areas

yeah

long slow duration will burn carbs and fat (aerobic zone you are in this zone now at your comp) do it first thing in the morning as you will have no carbs in the body so you will go straight on to the fat!

running will burn carbs (need the energy so quick body doesnt have time to convert fat to energy)

Can you explain more about this bit?

Also, are you saying that running is not the best for burning fat? How about x-trainers/bikes?

LOL, we should make this an ask Deevs thread.

*edit* you've already answered some of this. Apologies
post edited by Jobby - 2008/10/01 16:26:14

Mr KaOs*
  • Total Posts : 2029
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 16:27:26 (permalink)
there no such thing as "roid rage" in the words of greg valentino "steriods just take a little asshole and make him a big asshole" lol 

NEGUS
  • Total Posts : 14293
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 16:29:52 (permalink)

Also, are you saying that running is not the best for burning fat? How about x-trainers/bikes?

yeah, pretty much running is good for improving your fitness.

common misconception that fat = unfit and vice versa.

[
DEEVS
  • Total Posts : 29270
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 16:39:13 (permalink)

Nice one for that ^^^

*let's have a hug*

I didn't know that and have literally been trying to kill myself on a treadmill. I'm not even fat really, just a bit heavier than I should be in certain areas

yeah

long slow duration will burn carbs and fat (aerobic zone you are in this zone now at your comp) do it first thing in the morning as you will have no carbs in the body so you will go straight on to the fat!

running will burn carbs (need the energy so quick body doesnt have time to convert fat to energy)

give me 2 hours need to pop out for a bit!

GAME OVER MAN!!!
Joga
  • Total Posts : 41236
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 17:10:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dimdum

the best things i find for burning fat are two thing which depends on your gym routine

interval running, running at a high speed for 3mins then slow jogging for 2mins and repeat for 20 mins is far better fat burning then running normally as it never lets your heart rate settle and burns more fat. Im not sure about the science exactly but it works

This is to do with your muscles not getting 'used' to a certain pace of doing things. It's the reason I use the random incline setting on treadmill and bike, might try doing burst running though next week.
Jimyg
  • Total Posts : 4629
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 17:35:24 (permalink)
im taking phd synergy 7 at the moment its really good stuff much better than maximuscle, has meth t and creatine in it as well as protein, seems to to be working well with evrything else

Trackin
  • Total Posts : 8575
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 18:55:35 (permalink)
Whey Protein and Creatine shakes, with Amino Acid tablets for after a work out and after each meal. I should have stopped taking it by now for a little while but ive only got abit left so I may aswell finish it off before I give it a rest.

Gonna move onto creatine capsules and Thermobol (sp) when I ressume though.

prettyboyfloyd
  • Total Posts : 2084
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 19:28:43 (permalink)
Alot of talk about chemicals on this thread. To be honest i don't think you need anything more than a decent protien shake and maybe some glucosamine to protect your joints. If you're eating as much as you should be, which is all the time, and training as hard as you should be then you will grow in no time.

DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 20:39:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: prettyboyfloyd

Alot of talk about chemicals on this thread. To be honest i don't think you need anything more than a decent protien shake and maybe some glucosamine to protect your joints. If you're eating as much as you should be, which is all the time, and training as hard as you should be then you will grow in no time.

thats what i said get you protein from natural foods when it becomes too expensive or inconvenient get a tub of whey

if you are building you want 1.5 - max 2.0 g per kg body weight of protein

Glutamine is a good suppliment also iron as it aids protein synthesis

also if you train correctly you only spen 1-11/2 hours in the gym - what you do with the other 22/23 hours is more important lifestyle and nutrition

GAME OVER MAN!!!
DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 20:40:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Trackin

Whey Protein and Creatine shakes, with Amino Acid tablets for after a work out and after each meal. I should have stopped taking it by now for a little while but ive only got abit left so I may aswell finish it off before I give it a rest.

why the thermobol??

taking that with creatine also seems like a recipie for disaster!

GAME OVER MAN!!!
Trackin
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 20:52:24 (permalink)

why the thermobol??

taking that with creatine also seems like a recipie for disaster!

The creatine capsules will probably be all I'll take in all fairness, my mate just recommended the other stuff for added energy when training if i remember rightly.
Do you mean it would be a disaster because it reduces hunger and as i'm trying to build, therefore I should be eating more etc? I know absolutely fuckall about the stuff, please inform me!  I have read bits and bobs but it's always good to get feedback off people who'v seen the results and tested it themselves. Hence me reading forums about it right now lol...
DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 20:56:04 (permalink)
the creatine is going to leave you massivley dehydrated

the thermobol will raise your temperature making you sweat alot fluid out and aslo lose weight - not good if you are trying to build

im not a sweater but i worked out on thermobol and my t shirt was soaked through just doing stability ball exercises

dont reccomend that

GAME OVER MAN!!!
DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 21:01:07 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Joga

DEEVS, I know you're a personal trainer...

I (try to) do 3 days/week in the gym, half an hour of weights followed by 10 mins running / 10 mins cycling / 5 mins rowing. My HR gets up to about 165 (which is a bit more than 80% for my age [25]). I do try to do that calorie deficit thing but I find even when I'm going regularly I don't lose weight sufficiently (although I'm in much better shape than I was a year ago), any tips?

how much of a calorie defacit?

how often/much do you eat throughout the day?

if you cut too many calories you eat your muscle, muscle burns alot of calories so if you start to deplete muscles less calories will be consumed, making the diet seem effective at first but you will start to put weight on in the form of fat

i havnt worded that very well its difficult to explain!

GAME OVER MAN!!!
Trackin
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 21:03:19 (permalink)

the thermobol will raise your temperature making you sweat alot fluid out and aslo lose weight - not good if you are trying to build

im not a sweater but i worked out on thermobol and my t shirt was soaked through just doing stability ball exercises

dont reccomend that

LOL....that has instantly cleared that one up. I am most deffinately a sweater  And I am aware that the creatine dehydrates, I try to drink as much water as possible already so I don't want to have to drink anymore!
I don't know if its important that you run through a course of taking the thermobol stuff but I deffinatly didnt want to be taking it all the time, probably just one day a week while doing alot of stomach exercises / ball work would have been how i'd have done it, if i'd have actualy bought the stuff.
Would eating alot of protein naturaly aswell as taking whey protein have a negative effect? As i've started to eat more protein than usual (in the last 2 weeks) as i'm coming to the end of the first cycle with the whey protein this week.
DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 21:13:07 (permalink)

dont reccomend that

Would eating alot of protein naturaly aswell as taking whey protein have a negative effect? As i've started to eat more protein than usual (in the last 2 weeks) as i'm coming to the end of the first cycle with the whey protein this week.

you can piss it out or store it as fat

GAME OVER MAN!!!
Trackin
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 21:17:28 (permalink)

Nice one

Majik
  • Total Posts : 40649
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 21:21:55 (permalink)
Hydroxycut Hardcore daily

Protein shakes twice a week.

Does me.

PD
  • Total Posts : 12062
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 22:43:03 (permalink)
loads of cardio and low weight but lots of reps seems to work for me

for most people I would assume that just doing plenty of cardio will burn of their weight quickly enough, probably only need to be really specific after a few months when you have little fat left too loose and are more toning

DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 22:46:30 (permalink)
just bagged some CNP pro recover (like Promass without sweetners and empty calories)

and some Nutrisport Protein 90g of protein per 100g - 2.5kg tub for about £30

GAME OVER MAN!!!
compounded
  • Total Posts : 14508
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 23:13:50 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: J Funk

Food
DJaySwitch
  • Total Posts : 7432
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 23:43:48 (permalink)
ive been going to the gym for the last two years, and have never took any supplements, i started with weight gain and siz in mind, i put on about 2 stone by eating more and working out, but ive been the same roughly for the last year! kinda think ive reached my natural limit? or is this bollox? if i start taking supplements, wot should i go for? (i aint into the capusle shite btw)
DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/01 23:58:11 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: DJaySwitch

ive been going to the gym for the last two years, and have never took any supplements, i started with weight gain and siz in mind, i put on about 2 stone by eating more and working out, but ive been the same roughly for the last year! kinda think ive reached my natural limit? or is this bollox? if i start taking supplements, wot should i go for? (i aint into the capusle shite btw)

there is some truth to this

are you looking to bulk or keep definition

GAME OVER MAN!!!
DJaySwitch
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 00:10:51 (permalink)

a bit of both. for some reason no matter what i eat ive alwys been really toned so i guess im lucky there. Ive always been on a bulkup programme i spose, always sticking to heavy weights, doing 10 reps, then increasing the weight and doing 8 reps etc.
post edited by DJaySwitch - 2008/10/02 00:12:39

www.myspace.com/urbanchaosdrumandbass
DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 00:15:49 (permalink)

a bit of both. for some reason no matter what i eat ive alwys been really toned so i guess im lucky there. Ive always been on a bulkup programme i spose, always sticking to heavy weights, doing 10 sets, then increasing the weight and doing 8 sets etc.

by sets you mean reps lol

everybody stays away from 9 reps i dont get it

its bang on in the middle of Hypertrophy (body building - 6-12 reps) so its the rep in the middle between Strength and Endurance but still in size building

1-5 is strength
1-5 done in a fast movement is power
12+ is endurance

you want to get a mass shake then really just done overdo it or it will catch up with you on the gutsy! just gauge it

GAME OVER MAN!!!
DubPlate killA
  • Total Posts : 3774
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 00:20:28 (permalink)

fuck suppliments all u need is plenty of fruit and veg lots of drinks etc with loads of vitamins in like cranberry juice etc press ups sit ups squats a quick fight with a nutcase once a week ur kneecaps twisted up at some hench angle and ur shins smashed to pieces and a quick wank to finish off and your laughing.* 
receipe for sucesss imo!

* this paragraph may contain slight traces of sarcasm and nuts.
post edited by DubPlate killA - 2008/10/02 00:21:35

walk as a warrior for all your days...
DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 00:22:17 (permalink)
top tip stay off fixed path resistance machines and barbells

dumbelss and cables every time

you want symmetry work where one side does the same as the other.

i have a client who goes on and on about bench pressing and i have kept him off it. today i let him do it so he did his sets then i took him on to something where one hand had to take the same weight in each individual hand

he is right handed

he did his set and his right was failing and he said my left felt stronger - thats because his right was doing alot more work,which can result in posture imbalancies.

he now doesnt want to bench anymore -

bench press is shit he couldnt understand me telling him that so i had to show him that

GAME OVER MAN!!!
DJaySwitch
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 00:24:58 (permalink)

a bit of both. for some reason no matter what i eat ive alwys been really toned so i guess im lucky there. Ive always been on a bulkup programme i spose, always sticking to heavy weights, doing 10 sets, then increasing the weight and doing 8 sets etc.

by sets you mean reps lol

everybody stays away from 9 reps i dont get it

its bang on in the middle of Hypertrophy (body building - 6-12 reps) so its the rep in the middle between Strength and Endurance but still in size building

1-5 is strength
1-5 done in a fast movement is power
12+ is endurance

you want to get a mass shake then really just done overdo it or it will catch up with you on the gutsy! just gauge it

yea i dont know why i said sets, defo meant reps. I dont avoid 9, i dont h8 the number or anything lol, its just that my sets are perfect for me i.e. my last rep of each set is nearly impossible. for example - on my dumbbell shoulder press il start on 22's and i cant do any more than 10reps, then il do 24's and cant do anymore than 8reps, then 26's and cant do more than 6 reps etc. i believe this is right? yea im thinking about buying either some maximuscle progain, or some cyclone(which is better but much more dear)

DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 00:37:07 (permalink)

yea i dont know why i said sets, defo meant reps. I dont avoid 9, i dont h8 the number or anything lol, its just that my sets are perfect for me i.e. my last rep of each set is nearly impossible. for example - on my dumbbell shoulder press il start on 22's and i cant do any more than 10reps, then il do 24's and cant do anymore than 8reps, then 26's and cant do more than 6 reps etc. i believe this is right? yea im thinking about buying either some maximuscle progain, or some cyclone(which is better but much more dear)

its ok if you feel after a short period you can do 10 reps on 24's

its just a semi pyramid training system

stay off maximuscle get some o dis

http://www.tropicanafitness.com/?session=NNZDHUXDLWBMFLJBLNZDOQQJ&product=680

been taking this stuff for a while now its cheap and it works, it will give you a slight gut due to calories in the sweetners

or any off these

http://www.tropicanafitness.com/?session=NNZDHUXDLWBMFLJBLNZDOQQJ&product=&brand=&category=&goal=23&code=

CNP, Optimum Nutrition, Reflex being the top brands BSN are probably next!

you could always try n.o explode pre work out then cellmass postwork out

celmass is like cyclone but tastes nicer, doesnt bloat, lasts longer and is cheaper

i have mates that have blown a £45 standard tub of Cyclone in a week - shit value

also that promass will last you probably a month and a half - 2 months for £45

GAME OVER MAN!!!
DJaySwitch
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 00:46:26 (permalink)

stay off maximuscle get some o dis

http://www.tropicanafitness.com/?session=NNZDHUXDLWBMFLJBLNZDOQQJ&product=680

been taking this stuff for a while now its cheap and it works, it will give you a slight gut due to calories in the sweetners

or any off these

http://www.tropicanafitness.com/?session=NNZDHUXDLWBMFLJBLNZDOQQJ&product=&brand=&category=&goal=23&code=

CNP, Optimum Nutrition, Reflex being the top brands BSN are probably next!

you could always try n.o explode pre work out then cellmass postwork out

celmass is like cyclone but tastes nicer, doesnt bloat, lasts longer and is cheaper

i have mates that have blown a £45 standard tub of Cyclone in a week - shit value

also that promass will last you probably a month and a half - 2 months for £45

a short period meaning a matter of months? i dont think ive noticeabley increased in strength in a while now (i gym it 2-3 times a week)
wot do u mean by semi pyramid? wot would u recommend is the best method of bulking up? sorry for all the questions im just really curious. cheers for the link to that stuff il buy some of that soon me thinks, looks v.good.

DEEVS
RE: @ Gym peeps 2008/10/02 01:01:11 (permalink)

a short period meaning a matter of months? i dont think ive noticeabley increased in strength in a while now (i gym it 2-3 times a week)
wot do u mean by semi pyramid? wot would u recommend is the best method of bulking up? sorry for all the questions im just really curious. cheers for the link to that stuff il buy some of that soon me thinks, looks v.good.

as in a week

you should never do the same plan for 2 months without making some big differences

with a proper pyramid you go back down the weight and up the reps to starting point (so you would end back onto 22's for 10 reps again)

seems like you may have plateau'd with your plan, you should change it every 6-8 weeks as your body adapts and needs new stimulus.

i was doing legs/shoulders, back/biceps, chest/triceps

been doing that for about 6 weeks now was working back and then biceps and getting a really good pump on the arms but then it just stopped

so worked out a new plan doing chest biceps so the biceps were fresh and not pre exhuasted like before so i could give them more sets reps weight etc

when this loses its edge i will do (legs shoulders) (back), (chest), (biceps and triceps), so 4 days in the gym

after that i will probably go to 15 reps (endurance for a few months then come back down to 8-10 reps etc and start it off again)

your body adapts and constantly needs overload on different exercises/routines

best things for bulking up are keep the reps in 6-12 (ideally 6-10) rest well for main muscle groups (quads,hams,back,chest) do 4 sets on 4 exercises then do 3-4 sets on 3 exercises for synergists (biceps, shoulders, triceps - you can give calves slightly more)

dont over train muscle groups let them repair properly (1 week) imagine your muscle is a pane of glass when you smash it there are lots of pieces, your muscle will then repair itself but it takes time to get the pieces back together, if you then train to soon these pieces will smash more and will never get max growth results.

do compound exercises like squats and deadlifts this will make you grow all over.
post edited by DEEVS - 2008/10/02 01:03:07

GAME OVER MAN!!!
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 295
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0