Helpful ReplyHot![FAQ]THE PHOTO THREAD

Page: << < ..201202203204205 > Showing page 202 of 205
Author
S8
  • Total Posts : 19282
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 08:59:31 (permalink)
For extras, I would go for a spare battery and memory cards. 

MellowHype
All you need is your two feet and one eye

Maybe some hands.

Syzlack_24
  • Total Posts : 9384
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 09:10:19 (permalink)
dazdsb
Money isn't an issue tbh.

FUCKIN GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY!!

Why don't you buy it and throw it away if you don't like it?
dazdsb
  • Total Posts : 5799
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 12:45:58 (permalink)
lol, I just meant that 'if you're just starting out buy something cheaper' wasn't the kind of advice I was looking for. feel like getting something decent and growing into it rather than starting cheap and having to upgrade.

but yes, will most likely just pop it in the bin when it turns up. 

they seem to hold their value so I guess even if I hate it I'll be able to sell it and recoup the money. 

anyway - I grabbed it in black. will pick it up from Jessops tomorrow. 

grabbed the following extras:
b+w 49mm clear filter 
jcc lens hood + adapter
peak design slide lite strap
screen protector for the rear screen
thumb grip thing
soft release button

will most likely pick up spare memory card and battery in Japan, might find them a bit cheaper maybe. 

dazdsb
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 12:56:07 (permalink)
i look forward to showing myself up on here soon with my shitty photos. 
MellowHype
  • Total Posts : 6110
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 13:24:30 (permalink)
A few recent ones. I haven't really pushed myself recently. Keep blaming the weather but I could of had some awesome ones from the conditons

MellowHype
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 13:30:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dazdsb 2018/03/01 14:03:23
dazdsb
i look forward to showing myself up on here soon with my shitty photos. 

Google and Youtube are your friend. You can self teach yourself easy, once you understand how a camera works then you'll know how to achieve what you are going for. The great thing about the X100F is all the manual dials, meaning you dont have to scroll through the menus to change settings. Nice one getting the black, I got the silver and I still kick myself about that
Rudeboysy
  • Total Posts : 2803
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 13:36:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dazdsb 2018/03/01 14:03:25
dazdsb
lol, I just meant that 'if you're just starting out buy something cheaper' wasn't the kind of advice I was looking for. feel like getting something decent and growing into it rather than starting cheap and having to upgrade.

but yes, will most likely just pop it in the bin when it turns up. 

they seem to hold their value so I guess even if I hate it I'll be able to sell it and recoup the money. 

anyway - I grabbed it in black. will pick it up from Jessops tomorrow. 

grabbed the following extras:
b+w 49mm clear filter 
jcc lens hood + adapter
peak design slide lite strap
screen protector for the rear screen
thumb grip thing
soft release button

will most likely pick up spare memory card and battery in Japan, might find them a bit cheaper maybe. 

Just buy third party batteries and stuff on amazon. Generally same or slightly worse performance for 1/3 the price. Memory cards are dirt cheap everywhere anyway.
dazdsb
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 14:06:05 (permalink)
MellowHype
Google and Youtube are your friend. You can self teach yourself easy, once you understand how a camera works then you'll know how to achieve what you are going for. The great thing about the X100F is all the manual dials, meaning you dont have to scroll through the menus to change settings. Nice one getting the black, I got the silver and I still kick myself about that

yeah, I've been watching this Joe Allam lad doing some tutorials on settings and then editing in Lightroom. Is Lightroom any good? Is it worth signing up for the monthly fee to use the software? 

I was so tempted to go for the silver but made a last minute decision to go with the black. 
dazdsb
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 14:07:06 (permalink)
Rudeboysy
Just buy third party batteries and stuff on amazon. Generally same or slightly worse performance for 1/3 the price. Memory cards are dirt cheap everywhere anyway.

thanks man. just doing some reading up about alternative batteries and chargers on amazon now. 

what size memory card are you using? would you take out a couple of 64gb and switch them out or would you go for something bigger and just use one card? 
Syzlack_24
  • Total Posts : 9384
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 14:20:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dazdsb 2018/03/01 14:24:08
dazdsb
MellowHype

yeah, I've been watching this Joe Allam lad doing some tutorials on settings and then editing in Lightroom. Is Lightroom any good? Is it worth signing up for the monthly fee to use the software? 

I was so tempted to go for the silver but made a last minute decision to go with the black. 

Yes 100%. I avoided it for years having taught myself on Photoshop but it is so much better. It looks confusing when you first start but it's a fairly simple programme. Just get stuck in and google/youtube anything you don't understand. I think you get a month free when you sign up with Adobe CC

dazdsb
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 14:25:17 (permalink)
Syzlack_23

Yes 100%. I avoided it for years having taught myself on Photoshop but it is so much better. It looks confusing when you first start but it's a fairly simple programme. Just get stuck in and google/youtube anything you don't understand. I think you get a month free when you sign up with Adobe CC

Nice, thanks man. I've been using Photoshop for years for design work and image editing so hopefully Lightroom won't be too much hassle to figure out. Seems that there is a nice package where you get Lightroom, Photoshop CC and 20gb of online photo storage for £9.98 a month. Seems pretty reasonable. 

S8
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 14:34:28 (permalink)
Lightroom is very easy to pick up; photoshop hides functions in menus you have never even looked at.
MellowHype
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 16:48:50 (permalink)
Lightroom is great you definitely want it. I've never used Photoshop, always found it slightly intimidating. Serge Ramelli or Anthony Morganti are good youtube videos on Lightroom editing. 

Went into this train yard the other day, was great walking around it. I found a railroad spike that I'm going to try and make into a knife at some point. Found some evidence of people riding the trains, some food and drinks inbetween the carriages. I'm determined to find some people freight train hoppimg and make it a project. I eventually got caught and told to leave politely by one guard and then got fucking abused by one of the yard bulls when I was leaving. Threatened to call the police 

This Photo Essay by John Free is really inspiring. Guy has such a great voice to listen to 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUAbGV7RA0Q 

I don't think people ride the trains as much as they used to but I reckon there's still a scene amongst travellers and thrill seekers.
post edited by MellowHype - 2018/03/01 16:50:13
S8
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 16:50:49 (permalink)
That’s really cool, I have always wanted to wander a rail yard.

I’ll try and dig out the website on freight hopping in the US, it may interest you
MellowHype
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 17:47:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby S8 2018/03/01 18:02:33
Definitely mate, I'm interested. I'm currently down a Youtube rabbit hole of freight train hopping

The railways are cool here as you can mostly just wonder onto them. I go down to the tracks whenever I get a chance, I'm not sure why I find them so intriguing. 
S8
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 21:23:45 (permalink)
MellowHype
Definitely mate, I'm interested. I'm currently down a Youtube rabbit hole of freight train hopping

The railways are cool here as you can mostly just wonder onto them. I go down to the tracks whenever I get a chance, I'm not sure why I find them so intriguing. 

Urgh, can't find it - think it has gone offline. I'll keep digging.
JUDGEDREDD
  • Total Posts : 10894
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 21:40:16 (permalink)

Enjoying the colours on this, really into looking at cyberpunk Hong Kong style stuff atm
MellowHype
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 23:23:58 (permalink)
Yeah I went in on the saturation on that. Was hoping for some snow when I went out that day. The gap between the buildings annoys me.

There's some rooftops I want to get on soon. I used to go alone but now I'm abit older I'm pranging about having a heart attack or bashing my head etc and getting stuck on the roof
MellowHype
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/01 23:25:25 (permalink)
sectionate
MellowHype

Urgh, can't find it - think it has gone offline. I'll keep digging.

Ah shame. I've found a couple of train hopping Instagram accounts. Let me know if you find it
S8
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/02 09:18:25 (permalink)
Will do, just a case of digging about in a few other websites in a hope to try and find it
MellowHype
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/02 13:43:58 (permalink)
Down my rabbit hole yesterday I found some videos by Stobe the Hobo. Turns out the guy died in a freight hopping accident. Got caught on a bridge with an oncoming train. Savage
dazdsb
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/02 23:13:04 (permalink)

picked up from jessops today and somehow amazon made it through the snow to deliver my filter, lens hood, screen protector, 20 condoms and some razorblades.

god bless amazon.
MellowHype
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/02 23:30:09 (permalink)
That looks sexy. I fucking hate the silver now
dazdsb
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/02 23:41:56 (permalink)
MellowHype
That looks sexy. I fucking hate the silver now

they had a silver on display in the shop and I like the retro look but I can't help buying all black stuff. just looks so clean.

so dude, got any must know tips for the X100F? 
MellowHype
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/03 00:25:00 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dazdsb 2018/03/03 02:03:34
If I was you I'd switch image quality to 'RAW', this allows you a lot more freedom in post processing to make the images look how you want. Or 'fine + RAW' if you just want to use the Jpegs for now but can come back to the RAW files when you want to edit.
I'd also customise the functions menu so you can change settings nice and easy.

Try shooting in aperture priority for a while to get used to that front dial. Put The ISO on auto and the shutter speed on auto and just play around with that front dial. 2 will make your subject pop from the background and the background blurry and 8 + will have everything in focus. Then start to learn shutter speed, making moving objects in your image blurry but your subject still.

And just get out and about really and shove it in people's faces
post edited by MellowHype - 2018/03/03 00:26:53
dazdsb
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/03 02:03:41 (permalink)
Awesome man, thank you!
WarbeY
  • Total Posts : 1332
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/04 18:36:53 (permalink)
Had a 3 week stint in Cornwall recently the land of amazing light, loads of shooting which was real bloody fun. Been playing about a bit more with longer exposures and in camera double exposures trying to be a bit more creative, sometimes it works a lot of time it doesnt haha. 

Long live this thread. 

Heres some of my better ones:

Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 3380
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/04 18:40:00 (permalink)
MellowHype
A few recent ones. I haven't really pushed myself recently. Keep blaming the weather but I could of had some awesome ones from the conditons

Is that Widnes?
MellowHype
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/05 00:51:57 (permalink)
WarbeY
Had a 3 week stint in Cornwall recently the land of amazing light, loads of shooting which was real bloody fun. Been playing about a bit more with longer exposures and in camera double exposures trying to be a bit more creative, sometimes it works a lot of time it doesnt haha. 

Long live this thread. 

Heres some of my better ones:

That black and white is a bit special isn't it...

@Rud Widnes? Where the fuck is that
S8
Re: RE: THE PHOTO THREAD 2018/03/05 08:37:37 (permalink)

I really like this one - reminds me of the 'fast movement' photos you see in F1
Page: << < ..201202203204205 > Showing page 202 of 205
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0