Drum & Bass Arena

Forums Register Login Profile Inbox Address Book My Subscription My Forums Photo Gallery Member List Search Calendars FAQ Ticket List Logout

Lol with the Scots for once

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [D&B Music] >> [Default Category] >> Drum&Bass >> Lol with the Scots for once Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lol with the Scots for once - 15/9/2008 10:45:11 PM   
Half Pint
Cuntish one

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7617518.stm

Edit- lyrics are:

I often wonder where they would have been
If we hadn't have taken them in
Fed them and washed them
Thousands in Glasgow alone
From Ireland they came
Brought us nothing but trouble and shame
Well the famine is over
Why don't they go home?

Now Athenry Mike was a thief
And Large John he was fully briefed
And that wee traitor from Castlemilk
Turned his back on his own
They've all their Papists in Rome
They have U2 and Bono
Well the famine is over
Why don't they go home?

INSTRUMENTAL

Now they raped and fondled their kids
That's what those perverts from the darkside did
And they swept it under the carpet
and Large John he hid
Their evils seeds have been sown
Cause they're not of our own
Well the famine is over
Why don't you go home?

Now Timmy don't take it from me
Cause if you know your history
You've persecuted thousands of people
In Ireland alone
You turned on the lights
Fuelled U boats by night
That's how you repay us
It's time to go home.

Irish diplomats have raised concerns with the Scottish Government over chanting by a section of the Rangers support at last month's Old Firm match.
Representations were made by Ireland's Consul General after a Celtic supporter complained about a song which refers to the Irish potato famine.
Rangers FC said it has asked its fans to refrain from singing the song.
The Scottish Government confirmed it had been advised by Ireland's Consul General of the Celtic fan's complaint.
The controversy surrounds a song which referred to the famine which killed an estimated one million people in the 1840s and set in motion the mass migration of Irish people.

The song includes the line: "The famine's over, why don't you go home".

Rangers Football Club approached Strathclyde Police for guidance on this matter
Rangers FC spokesman
After the song was sung by some Rangers supporters at last month's Old Firm game, a Celtic fan wrote to the Irish Embassy in London to complain.
The Irish consul general in Edinburgh raised the issue at her regular meeting with the Scottish Government.
The Scottish Government made no comment on the discussions, but insisted that several campaigns against bigotry were beginning to work.
A spokesman said: "The Scottish Government is totally committed to combating sectarianism and bigotry, which is why we have expanded on the work of the previous administration and are doing more.
"We are working with the clubs themselves, as they are part of the solution to the problem."
Sporting behaviour
A spokesperson for Rangers said: "In the days following the recent Old Firm match, the Club were made aware that a substantial number of complaints had been made regarding the singing of the chorus of a song known as 'The Famine Song' by our supporters at this match.
"Rangers Football Club approached Strathclyde Police for guidance on this matter, with a view to issuing a joint statement indicating that persons singing this song in future may face the possibility of arrest.
"Strathclyde Police were not able to commit to this until they had carried out further investigation."
The spokesman said the club had a long-established policy of encouraging sporting behaviour and discouraged the singing of songs which others found offensive.
"Clearly 'The Famine Song' has provoked such a response in certain quarters," he added.
"It is the club's view that the interest of our supporters and the club will be best served by supporters refraining from singing 'The Famine Song'."

How they gonna stop that then. Could be amusing to watch.

< Message edited by Half Pint -- 15/9/2008 10:53:57 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Lol with the Scots for once - 15/9/2008 11:23:16 PM   
Mighty Wighty

lol

Complaining about it will only make it worse, what a ridiculous thing to do. Just take it for what it is, football banter.

I mean what did they expect at a hate fuelled, passionate, Old Firm derby, a rendition of Auld Lang Syne?
Post #: 2
RE: Lol with the Scots for once - 15/9/2008 11:31:31 PM   
Half Pint
Cuntish one

LMAO @ it going to Europe.

Could be a landmark case though.

If it does actually get made illegal it will be be the opening of the floodgates for offensive football sings.
Post #: 3
RE: Lol with the Scots for once - 15/9/2008 11:31:49 PM   
SNYPA_D

fucking lol
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [D&B Music] >> [Default Category] >> Drum&Bass >> Lol with the Scots for once Page: [1]
Jump to:

Users viewing this topic: none

Downloads

Skills
Date With You In The Next Life
Withdrawal Symptoms
Raw Dose
Dream With Me
Anxiety
Life
World Within A World
I Believe (92 Revamp) (D Cruze)
World Within A World (The Criminal Minds Remix)
World Within a World 94
Rydim Come Forward (Remixed With Krome & Time)
Frozen In The Dark (Original Mix)
Deal With The Devil (Original Mix)
Destroy The Galaxy (Original Mix)

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread