Helpful ReplyHot!Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace

Page: << < ..161718 Showing page 18 of 18
Author
ramraider
  • Total Posts : 7863
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/01 09:36:49 (permalink)
Hi All,
Following up on mine & Stuart’s previous emails, let me remind you once again that paper hand towels are not supposed to be thrown down the toilet, but placed in the bins provided.
The disabled toilet on the 1st floor was clogged on Thursday and again on Friday (!!!) last week.
If we encounter this again, the paper towels will be removed from that toilet and instead you will only have a hand dryer to use.
Regards,

Daniel Snakeman
  • Total Posts : 31851
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/01 09:55:38 (permalink)
Bowling round my office in a shell suit right now.
Daniel Snakeman
  • Total Posts : 31851
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 13:51:17 (permalink)

"Hoodies" & Woolly Hats are prohibited from being worn on Upgrade Projects.
Please note you cannot wear Hoodies under
Hi Vis jackets or Safety Helmets.
Woolly Hats cannot be worn under Safety Helmets.

"Hoodies"
Hoodies are not to be worn on site for the following reasons:
Whilst wearing a Hoodie your vision to either side of you could be obscured.
When up it could have an effect on your ability to hear fully.
If this garment is worn with the hood in the down position the hood or draw cords, could become entangled with machinery or equipment putting the wearer at risk of serious injury.
Woolly Hats
These hats should not be worn under Safety Helmets for the following reasons:
The materials used to make woolly hats make it extremely difficult to get a Safety helmet to fit correctly on your head and to then remain in place.
If the Woolly hat is pulled down covering the ears this could affect your ability to hear fully.
Alternative
To ensure you can keep your head warm there are balaclavas that do not cover your face and have perforated material that covers the ear areas
Appropriate action will be taken
Persistent offenders will be removed from Site

post edited by Daniel Snakeman - 2017/12/11 13:54:09
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 27305
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 13:52:23 (permalink)
Compliance Team - what a shit team to be a part of.
Sheriff Lobo
  • Total Posts : 2491
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 14:04:42 (permalink)
It's the companies responsibility to provide all the right gear tho... Hopefully one of the site guys is shrewd enough just to bat it back... "If you want us to stop wearing hoodies/beanies, Please provide us all with balaclavas" ... then watch the 'compliance team' go into meltdown.
OEM
  • Total Posts : 32578
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 14:11:40 (permalink)
There are reasons you hammer your union rep to grow a set and stand up. This is one of them.

Someone, once, was deeply offended by hoodies that will have pushed for this email to be sent out and 'rules' to be enforced.

Rudiger01
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 18:59:34 (permalink)
Well being Wednesday is upon us so to thank everyone for their hard work we have decided against a training session and have brought in some outside help to show our thanks.

Please go on the WBW spreadsheet and decide what activity you want to join in on. Some of these arent free so do check. If you do not put your name down for an activity I will do it for you.

Followed an hour later by......

All of the free activities have been taken up now so please take note that the following activities have a cost.

Car Wash - £5 or £10
Sports massage £5
Spanish lesson £5 (with free lunch)

Also, we have arranged the Christmas night out. We were let down a bit last year by the poor turnout and the rowdy behaviour of some staff. Please make the effort to turn up, even if it is just for one drink. Also remember you are representing xxxxxxx so please behave yourselves. 
SW14
  • Total Posts : 10198
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 19:03:45 (permalink)
Your work Rudiger, something else.
mouse oxford
  • Total Posts : 1923
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 19:15:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby 0-AID 2017/12/12 16:02:25
Forced to take part in some cunty well being bullshit and having to pay for the privilege

Go fuck yourself.
SW14
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 19:24:29 (permalink)
What do you get for the ten pound car wash?
Rudiger01
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 19:26:51 (permalink)
Inside and out. Oddly enough, its the bosses brother who is doing it
LHC
  • Total Posts : 6437
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 19:33:42 (permalink)
Your office sounds fucking horrible LOL. I often think my job is terrible but it ain't so bad when I read this thread.
dotarr
  • Total Posts : 4946
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 19:35:40 (permalink)

Rudiger01
Also, we have arranged the Christmas night out. We were let down a bit last year by the poor turnout and the rowdy behaviour of some staff. Please make the effort to turn up, even if it is just for one drink. Also remember you are representing xxxxxxx so please behave yourselves. 

lol

SW14
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 21:26:06 (permalink)
Rudiger01
Inside and out. Oddly enough, its the bosses brother who is doing it

😂😂😂
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 22314
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 21:36:09 (permalink)
I need to dig out a few entries from my place. They're always trying weird/shit things to boost staff morale etc.

Latest thing was 'coffee roulette' where you put your name in a hat and people are picked out to go and have a coffee and a chat with someone else in the business. This one actually won an award and is now being rolled out across the rest of our [worldwide engineering company].

The woman that was raising money to lose weight posted an update recently to say she's put some weight back on and described all the chocolate bars and puddings she was eating recently due to stress at home or whatever. Then encouraged more people to sponsor her.

Why can't people just do their work then go home to their real lives at 5pm? How do they even find time for all this extra curricular bullshit? #grumpyoldman
LHC
  • Total Posts : 6437
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 22:44:18 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
Latest thing was 'coffee roulette' where you put your name in a hat and people are picked out to go and have a coffee and a chat with someone else in the business. 

Fucking LOL. I think I'd rather be forced to pay £5 to be touched by a stranger like in Rudiger's office.
Rudiger01
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 23:08:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby S8 2017/12/12 14:45:09
gutlessrhyme
I need to dig out a few entries from my place. They're always trying weird/shit things to boost staff morale etc.

Latest thing was 'coffee roulette' where you put your name in a hat and people are picked out to go and have a coffee and a chat with someone else in the business. This one actually won an award and is now being rolled out across the rest of our [worldwide engineering company].

The woman that was raising money to lose weight posted an update recently to say she's put some weight back on and described all the chocolate bars and puddings she was eating recently due to stress at home or whatever. Then encouraged more people to sponsor her.

Why can't people just do their work then go home to their real lives at 5pm? How do they even find time for all this extra curricular bullshit? #grumpyoldman

Not work email related but in my last work this grotesquely fat woman i worked with come in to work in tears one day as everton had sent her a letter to say as she was so big she had to buy 2 season tickets and move to the end of the row. Always makes me chuckle
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2439
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 23:25:57 (permalink)
LHC
gutlessrhyme
Latest thing was 'coffee roulette' where you put your name in a hat and people are picked out to go and have a coffee and a chat with someone else in the business. 

Fucking LOL. I think I'd rather be forced to pay £5 to be touched by a stranger like in Rudiger's office.

Would rather have the £5 lunch if it's decent and Spanish
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 22314
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/11 23:30:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby 0-AID 2017/12/12 16:03:29
Rudiger01
gutlessrhyme

Not work email related but in my last work this grotesquely fat woman i worked with come in to work in tears one day as everton had sent her a letter to say as she was so big she had to buy 2 season tickets and move to the end of the row. Always makes me chuckle

LOL

I genuinely think that should be standard policy for planes and trains and theatres etc. Nothing worse than being stuck next to a fatty. Especially the smelly ones
Rudiger01
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/12 00:12:08 (permalink)
gutlessrhyme
Rudiger01
gutlessrhyme

LOL

I genuinely think that should be standard policy for planes and trains and theatres etc. Nothing worse than being stuck next to a fatty. Especially the smelly ones

She is massive. Like type on feeder docs. There is no way you could sit next to her
mouse oxford
  • Total Posts : 1923
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/12 14:33:16 (permalink)
Dear All,

The car park at XXXX is for use by all XXXX employees as well as visitors to the company, space is often limited and bays are of average size.
In order to be respectful towards your colleagues, please observe the following simple guidelines:

• Park within the demarcated bays as straight as possible, leaving sufficient space between you and the next car for access
• Be careful not to touch other vehicles when opening car doors or loading items into your vehicle
• Be careful when walking between cars, ensure any bags, jackets etc do not scratch cars that may be parked close together

Thank you for your co-operation.
Cherno Samba
  • Total Posts : 2625
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/12 14:48:47 (permalink)
Rudiger01

FFS LOL 

Top work from Everton In The Community there
Cherno Samba
  • Total Posts : 2625
Re: RE: Post up stupid emails sent round your workplace 2017/12/12 15:59:28 (permalink)
Hi everybody

Just a reminder for the things going on tomorrow. 

Christmas Jumper Day – the wearer of the best one will get a prize   

Secret Santa

We will do the Secret Santa lucky dip at about 3pm, so don’t forget to bring your gifts in and place them in the sacks provide.  Whilst we all know that it isn’t about giving to receive, but on this occasion it is, so please add your name to the list to ensure you get a gift back.

Page: << < ..161718 Showing page 18 of 18
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0