Helpful ReplyHot!Next car thread.

Page: << < ..2627282930 > Showing page 29 of 30
Author
Bruce Bogtrotter
  • Total Posts : 7939
Re: Next car thread. 2018/08/19 20:02:14 (permalink)
Test drove an RS6 last week. It’s absolutely massive.

wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2871
Re: Next car thread. 2018/08/19 20:27:58 (permalink)
BrianBadonde
Test drove an RS6 last week. It’s absolutely massive.

Exactly that when someone said earlier about an RS6 over a Vantage - two completely different cars. I dont want a rapid estate that can fit my dog and pram in I want something with 2 seats to as more of a tourer
Bruce Bogtrotter
Re: Next car thread. 2018/08/19 22:08:54 (permalink)
Picking up an SQ5 this week. Managed 5 months with a baby and an RS3 but it’s just becoming a pain fitting stuff in. If I hadn’t done so many miles in it, I think I’d have kept it alongside. It’s been such a fucking good car.

Pr0ps
  • Total Posts : 17438
Re: Next car thread. 2018/08/19 22:24:17 (permalink)
This is my current drive. Loved my old e46 325ci but it was time to update. M140i Shadow Edition. Absolute beast. RWD ftw.

Bruce Bogtrotter
Re: Next car thread. 2018/08/19 22:28:25 (permalink)
^nice. Seeing a few of these on the road now.

I did shit all over one on the m40 a few weeks back though

Pr0ps
  • Total Posts : 17438
Re: Next car thread. 2018/08/19 22:35:07 (permalink)
I'm sure you did lol, the RS3 is another level up!
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33601
Re: Next car thread. 2018/08/20 07:23:22 (permalink)
That is a beaut. I fucking love BM's. I was tempted to go the same route. 340i or something but I got burned with an absolute dog 1 series, my bro had a cracked rim from hitting a pothole (blamed run flats), and the general electrics saga that's still going on.

That said, they are getting better and I know they are asking garages what the main recurring faults are and they are making way to improving their build.

I may switch back in a couple of years. So much fun to drive.

Currently loving my R. Already thinking about playing around with it tho lol. Might hold off until the first service, at least. 

Majik
  • Total Posts : 41804
Re: Next car thread. 2018/10/14 20:29:32 (permalink)
Experiences with PCP financing?

Looking at a SQ5 but 5 bills a month with a 10k deposit ain’t negligible.

Travs
  • Total Posts : 560
Re: Next car thread. 2018/10/15 07:10:27 (permalink)
I just got a 1 Series 125 m-sport. Pretty small-fry compared to some on here, but as someone previously driving round in bog-standard 2 litre cars (Citroen C4, Audi A3), jumping into something with 200+ hp is quite a difference. Even though I've been ragging it around permanently in Sport Mode, still not far off 50mpg as well.

Never liked the shape of them before but obviously this one a bit sportier, looks pretty sexy tbf.
Smokey McPot
  • Total Posts : 27993
Re: Next car thread. 2018/10/15 09:01:37 (permalink)
Majik
Experiences with PCP financing?

Looking at a SQ5 but 5 bills a month with a 10k deposit ain’t negligible.

Works ok for what I use for work. Prefer it to out and out leasing. I think it limits your negotiating position if you’re relying on the dealer/manufacturer to help finance it though.

Some people think it will be the next PPI type scandal.
OEM
  • Total Posts : 33601
Re: Next car thread. 2018/10/15 09:34:04 (permalink)
Don't underestimate the mileage. Some dickhead at my last work place put thousands of miles over his estimated. He looked into changing up 18 months/half way into his contact and he was already in £5K of mileage penalties.

High end cars tend to depreciate much less than their estimated final value but diesel is such a cunt atm, don't believe anything dealers tell you (in general) especially when it comes to diesel.

Majik
Re: Next car thread. 2018/10/15 10:54:46 (permalink)
Yeah the motor is a petrol engine anyway, I don’t do loads of miles so the fuel type doesn’t really impact me.

Funny though how diesel was the best thing since sliced bread 5/7 years ago.

Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 21549
Re: Next car thread. 2018/10/15 11:23:34 (permalink)
Yeah, BMW were pushing diesel on me heavily for my last 2 cars and telling me how delightful it was and here we are now

Back in a petrol...does feel and sound a lot nicer
SmokedEggs
  • Total Posts : 2733
Re: Next car thread. 2018/10/15 12:17:42 (permalink)
Domino
Yeah, BMW were pushing diesel on me heavily for my last 2 cars and telling me how delightful it was and here we are now

Back in a petrol...does feel and sound a lot nicer

My old man had a 320d a few years back. It went quick enough but at some point on the motorway we had it indicating 80mpg. The mileage it used to do was ridiculous.
Jimmy2Shoes
  • Total Posts : 6088
Re: Next car thread. 2018/10/15 12:42:30 (permalink)
I’ve still got a 320d.
I need to get rid really but it is so cheap to run
Ascension
  • Total Posts : 6570
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/09 16:00:10 (permalink)
Sold the M3 for something more sensible as just bought a new house. S3 and first Audi I've had, bit strange being back in a turbo car after the NA V8, but it doesn't half shift, probably quicker on anything but a dry road.

Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 31075
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/09 16:05:29 (permalink)
My old whip, sick.

Nowhere near as fun as an M3, it's quick as fuck but not engaging when trying to have some fun in it.

Ascension
  • Total Posts : 6570
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/09 16:19:27 (permalink)
Nah, it's not as fun, but the costs are less and the missus will drive it, which she wouldn't the M3 and that was a necessity as well.

It's actually more fun to drive than I thought though, was impressed when I did the test drive before buying it. I guess coming from a number of BMs I was expecting far worse.  For 95% of the time driving it's as much as you're ever going to need.
Majik
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/09 20:20:15 (permalink)
Picked up my SQ5 last week and I fucking love it.

Bruce Bogtrotter
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/10 15:02:06 (permalink)
Really? Ive had my sq5 for a few months and had to have an engine map, a transmission map and a throttle map to make it driveable. It’s laggy as fuck as standard. I nearly gave it back.

It’s a decent car but drives like a bag of shit as standard.

Mine is an absolute monster now though

2ndPhase
  • Total Posts : 2696
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/10 18:25:07 (permalink)
BrianBadonde
Really? Ive had my sq5 for a few months and had to have an engine map, a transmission map and a throttle map to make it driveable. It’s laggy as fuck as standard. I nearly gave it back.

Laggy? What year did you purchase? Got a 2018 plate in summer and it seems far from laggy, not that I’m an expert..
Bruce Bogtrotter
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/10 18:50:27 (permalink)
2ndPhase
BrianBadonde

Laggy? What year did you purchase? Got a 2018 plate in summer and it seems far from laggy, not that I’m an expert..

Not talking about turbo lag.

Talking about response lag. Gear changes, throttle sensitivity. All absolutely shite. Got the throttle sorted by fitting a box of tricks called “pedal box” that made a massive improvement. But then highlighted the shit gearbox software. So had that flashed and made it night and day.

Only thing I hate about it now is that bullshit exhaust and lack of noise. That’s booked in to be sorted. I wish they had an RSQ5 out

Majik
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/10 20:11:15 (permalink)
See I test drove both the petrol and diesel and went for a mint condition diesel.

Loved the virtual cockpit in the new model but the drive felt a bit meh.

I’m no petrolhead but I had an S3 before my Tiguain and loved that so wanted a compromise.

How much did all that cost?

I had a TDI tuning chip in the Tiguain which I’m considering installing on this but I don’t really do the mileage to warrant it, it’d be pure vanity.

2ndPhase
  • Total Posts : 2696
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/10 20:19:01 (permalink)
BrianBadonde
2ndPhase
BrianBadonde

Not talking about turbo lag.

Talking about response lag. Gear changes, throttle sensitivity. All absolutely shite. Got the throttle sorted by fitting a box of tricks called “pedal box” that made a massive improvement. But then highlighted the shit gearbox software. So had that flashed and made it night and day.

Only thing I hate about it now is that bullshit exhaust and lack of noise. That’s booked in to be sorted. I wish they had an RSQ5 out

Yeah I’m clearly an amatuar, little of this made sense 😐. My only regret will always be not getting a Porsche Macan Turbo instead..
Bruce Bogtrotter
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/10 21:13:09 (permalink)
Majik
See I test drove both the petrol and diesel and went for a mint condition diesel.

Loved the virtual cockpit in the new model but the drive felt a bit meh.

I’m no petrolhead but I had an S3 before my Tiguain and loved that so wanted a compromise.

How much did all that cost?

I had a TDI tuning chip in the Tiguain which I’m considering installing on this but I don’t really do the mileage to warrant it, it’d be pure vanity.

Oh thought you got the new petrol v6 one. Never driven the previous diesel. Apparently Audi are bringing out a bi turbo diesel version next year.

Virtual cockpit is OK. I’d prefer analogue gauges in all honesty. Interior is very decent though.

Not sure on cost for all the bits I had done, prob no more than 2k. Well worth it though, for its size and weight it’s a missile. 425hp apparently. Gets its fat arse to 160 in no time.

Majik
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/10 21:24:48 (permalink)
Think the diesel is for Europe only man.

Don’t think you can go wrong with Audi interiors, initially I wanted a Volvo XC90 but they’re pretty expensive.

See not sure I’d care enough to spend an extra 2k, what additions did you get?

Not sure whether they were blagging but they said I’d have to wait a year if I wanted to build my own.

21 21
  • Total Posts : 6511
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/10 22:43:00 (permalink)
Good shout on the Volvo.

Got my eye on one of those as company vehicle once I'm set up.

Would have a Tesla X but can't see that happening until business takes off lol
Majik
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/10 22:54:14 (permalink)
Musk is a prick too

Bruce Bogtrotter
Re: Next car thread. 2018/11/11 10:50:55 (permalink)
Majik
Think the diesel is for Europe only man.

Don’t think you can go wrong with Audi interiors, initially I wanted a Volvo XC90 but they’re pretty expensive.

See not sure I’d care enough to spend an extra 2k, what additions did you get?

Not sure whether they were blagging but they said I’d have to wait a year if I wanted to build my own.

2k was just for the software / hardware bits after I’d bought the car. I guess coming from an RS I noticed things more. In a nutshell more power/torque, quicker gear changes, reset torque limiter, throttle response increase. All adjustable from an app too.

Yeah build times for Audi are awful. I got a 7 month build if I wanted one from scratch 3 months ago. Luckily a built one turned up with most of the options I’d have wanted.

Page: << < ..2627282930 > Showing page 29 of 30
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0