Helpful ReplyHot!BUMLICKING

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 14
Author
Badrid
  • Total Posts : 21135
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 08:18:36 (permalink)
Well done on ruining another thread SAMBA, top work.

What an utter cunt.

Perhaps you need...SOME MORE FARTS
Law
  • Total Posts : 64364
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 08:43:05 (permalink)
Bumming promoters is the worst, most (not all) promoters don’t give a fuck about you or the music, you and all your records are merely a money spinner to them.
You and DJ’s like you are 2 a penny unless you are one of the ‘old guard’ or hottest new producer yet piece of shit DJ that is gonna bring in the kids.
If you are that, the second you aint flavour of the month you are anyguy.

It would sicken me to think I’d have to beg to get anywhere, probably half the reason I am and never will be anywhere. Integrity people!
Much respect to the DJ’s and new producers who have set up their own labels and events, that is they way forward, they get total control, hard work too.
julian da hooligan
  • Total Posts : 8713
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 08:55:22 (permalink)
As Law said, integrity.

You may as well sell your soul otherwise.

Back to Nocs point about not bigging up people you rate incase it being percieved as bumlicking.

I feel that, I dont big up people who I know and rate for this exact reason.

But when I comes to bigger names I have no quarms about expressing my opinions of them.

Daniel Snakeman
  • Total Posts : 32145
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 09:13:20 (permalink)
mmmmmmmmmmmmm, bum
Badrid
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 09:41:59 (permalink)
I finding hating everything gets rid of this problem.

BEXSKILZ
  • Total Posts : 808
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 11:35:48 (permalink)
MMMMM penut butter flavour.........

L.S.B
  • Total Posts : 16267
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 11:45:52 (permalink)
that DNBA thread at ministry is cringeworthy its got so much rimming in it
jackanory120
  • Total Posts : 563
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 12:07:43 (permalink)
My old school teacher knew Goldie (He introduced him to his Wife), thinking about it, i should have done something about it back then. (DJ'ing career)
Blumpy
  • Total Posts : 6013
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 12:12:19 (permalink)
i doubt you get that far,. you need SOME talent.

i do laugh at all the bumping some people do for their "label" when all they get is maybe 2 promos a year and the odd guestlist

watsgoodinthehood
  • Total Posts : 20214
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 12:23:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SAMBATRON

I think id rather be a bum licker than sum pussy hole who chats shit about people but wont say it to their face.

read u donut

ORIGINAL: StrapMajik
It's been going on for TIME but it's still pretty interesting to talk about.

I ain't even cussing anyone on a sly tip as that's not me i'm straight up still.

Balance@nsuc.co.uk
  • Total Posts : 2765
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 12:23:18 (permalink)
It does go on alot, but its sumink that aint gonna change... people approach situations in a diffrent way... and alot of people have been given oppitunites from kissing ass or just being mates with someone can get them the break, but you have to have a decent amount of talent to sustain the level you have been put at...

But I think you wont feel any better than doing it your self from scratch on your tod.

Getting help along the way if its dubz or sets from people who you are on a level with is what its all about imo...

CASPAR
  • Total Posts : 23615
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 12:27:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Noc

I wouldnt necessarily limit it to dnb at all.

Most people have to do a certain amount of rimming just to get by at work, interact with the opposite sex etc etc.

Brown nosing is part of modern life. Sad but true.

Spot on.
Badrid
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 12:35:32 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: jackanory120

My old school teacher knew Goldie (He introduced him to his Wife), thinking about it, i should have done something about it back then. (DJ'ing career)

OMG it was SOOOOOOOOOOo good to meet you (for two seconds in a dark noisy rave mumbeling 'i'm X off the forum') and it was sooooooooooo funny when X happened

Die, die, DIE

Dozer
  • Total Posts : 10689
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 12:37:22 (permalink)
It's all about the promoters that book people coz they have a bit of talent imo. If I look at a line up and I think half the people are getting booked coz they have rimmed the right hole, it puts me right off.

www.healingcrew.com - www.essenceofchi.co.uk
http://soundcloud.com/dozer/dozer-eoc-promo-mix-10-2009 <-- New(ish) Mix
The hEALING Sessions, Mon. 8pm-10pm on Rude 88.2FM (London)
[/cen
Noc
  • Total Posts : 19717
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 12:48:13 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Law

Bumming promoters is the worst, most (not all) promoters don’t give a fuck about you or the music, you and all your records are merely a money spinner to them.
You and DJ’s like you are 2 a penny unless you are one of the ‘old guard’ or hottest new producer yet piece of shit DJ that is gonna bring in the kids.
If you are that, the second you aint flavour of the month you are anyguy.

For someone who’s just had his first booking you seem to have a bit of a problem with promoters at the moment! Not having a pop or anything but what are you basing that opinion on cos it aint from first hand experience is it?

I think it’s harsh to tar them with that brush. There are plenty of heads out there putting on nights they believe in and booking DJs they genuinely rate (especially when it comes to local talent/warm up DJs). Obviously they’ve got to balance that with booking people who will pull crowds but to dismiss them as parasites feeding off whichever flavour of the month is licking their ringpiece the most is a bit of an overstatement.
post edited by Noc - 2006/11/21 12:49:23
Law
  • Total Posts : 64364
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 12:58:44 (permalink)
Noc did you totally disregard the last part of my post

Much respect to the DJ’s and new producers who have set up their own labels and events, that is they way forward, they get total control, hard work too.

I know how I want the scene to be is a total utopia that will never happen.

And I didnt get a booking, I won a competition.

All I was saying is, I aint begging for sets. If I send someone a demo and they like it thats great. I want bookings for my Djing, not because I bigged up someone, or run them some errands etc
L.S.B
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:02:10 (permalink)
Bumming promoters is the worst, most (not all) promoters don’t give a fuck about you or the music

most (not all) promoters do give a fuck about the music

most (not all) don't make any money out of it

most (not all) dedicate more hours into promoting their night than you can ever imagine

most (not all) genuinly try and break through new DJ's, however talent aint the only factor these ppl will need to chip in with the night, these aint no corporate operations here and if you can't accpe that fact you aint ever goign to DJ out regualrly till you have made a hit...

most (not all) will have learnt that a mix that has got pages upon pages of their mates bigging it up blindly is not enough to book them for the night, they will have to check out live mixes, radio shows and gigs, as there is more involved in a show than a studio mix...also you are more likely to get booked if you bother to turn up to their nights....remeber promoters who book up&comers are doing them a favour not vice versea...as there are '000s of Dj's good enough to take stage

most (not all) DJ's other than household names are NOT money spinners, do you think booking forum DJ Y (cautious to say X lol) will earn promoters money, no it won't

mate i agree in sum senses with what yo say, however you got your proportions all wrong, its only a minoroty who don't give a fuck about the music...i speak to a lot of promoters regualarly and they all care, they all have drove round the country at 4am trying to promote, they have all done so much crap just to get anight running etc

and you think you can just tar most of them with the same brush...

it's really unfounded and not on imho...
CASPAR
  • Total Posts : 23615
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:02:43 (permalink)
We have only ever booked people for Fizzy on the strength on their skill.

Badrid
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:02:45 (permalink)
If i ever start sending out demos, i'll send a CD with my demo on and another with me giving a banna head.

Should get me the booking nicely.

There is a difference between being nice to people and eager for a booking and flat our arse licking, you have to have a happy medium to get somewhere. You ain't exactly gonna get booked if your not keen for bookings lol

L.S.B
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:06:47 (permalink)
I want bookings for my Djing, not because I bigged up someone, or run them some errands etc

it's not going to happen mate....

why should a promoter book you for your skill when i could book someone equally as skillful who will help flyer and promote the night

please tell me?

i won't book someone who bigged me up, far from it

but if people help us out as a night and they are good DJ they get booked

take skandal outr newst resident, he started by helping us out and now he is a resident, he is as good as any DJ on here too as well

its not all bumlicking and shit liek that

its reality of promoters who also have a full time job, he have probably seen about £100 for 2.5 years worth of promoting...that probably works out about 1p an hour, so if you think i'm a cunt for offering the chance of sets to ppl who will help for free, then so be it...

but without it the night would have failed and there woudl be no sets for anyone...

Mr-Kerrse
  • Total Posts : 5353
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:08:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: CASPAR

We have only ever booked people for Fizzy on the strength of their rimming

MR2
  • Total Posts : 2769
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:09:52 (permalink)
I wouldnt call it bumlicking as such, more along the lines of people forming plastic friendships with others just becase they stand to gain something from the sitation. One of the main reasons I packed in DJ'ing was the amount of general falseness and two face antics that I saw going on around me. Its the old 'You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' type situation which, lets be honest goes on in every walk of life not just within this scene.

Incidentally, Majik I think your great!

Hows the leg by the way??

Mel DeVil
  • Total Posts : 4671
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:12:26 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Badrid

If i ever start sending out demos, i'll send a CD with my demo on and another with me giving a banna head.

Should get me the booking nicely.

LOL I guess that depends on what promoters you send it too. Might get you a gig at Fire or Heaven i suppose.

There is a difference between being nice to people and eager for a booking and flat our arse licking, you have to have a happy medium to get somewhere. You ain't exactly gonna get booked if your not keen for bookings lol

Got to agree with that, promoters are far more likely to book some who shows genuine enthusiasm. Just sending a demo is unlikely to be enough, should at least try and reach the nights for example. People who lick arse are more likely to just creep the promoter out.
Mod X
  • Total Posts : 26847
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:14:01 (permalink)

...isn't your policy that you have to attend Fizzy with your mates first? Not knocking your policy, just that's what Joseph said to me, that you have to bring 'a crew'.
L.S.B
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:14:27 (permalink)

fair play to yo

we have never booked as DJ with no skills...(well maybe one from listening to opinions on this forum and listening to a doctored demo, so i have learnt from that now)

however i've put over £10k of my own hard earned cash into bounce...so if you think i'm going to book ppl don;t go to our events, who aint willing to help us promote it to play the warm up slot when i got a a load of residents who help to run the night (who will miss out because of it) you are very much mistaken

we choose our residents on skill, however if they don't pull their weight they won't get sets

Badrid
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:16:01 (permalink)
10k of your own money??

I'd expect a little sucky sucky from some residents for that sorta money TBH IMHO.

StrapMajik
  • Total Posts : 12247
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:16:36 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: MR2

I wouldnt call it bumlicking as such, more along the lines of people forming plastic friendships with others just becase they stand to gain something from the sitation. One of the main reasons I packed in DJ'ing was the amount of general falseness and two face antics that I saw going on around me. Its the old 'You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' type situation which, lets be honest goes on in every walk of life not just within this scene.

Incidentally, Majik I think your great!

Hows the leg by the way??

I think you have a point about the 'plastic friendships' element too, but that seems to be in conjunction with the rimming!

Lol, the legs ok still just resting it up for the inevitable return back to work You cool mate?

Just pimpin with the man dem innit
D.L.M@darklight
  • Total Posts : 9115
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:17:51 (permalink)
i think it gets a selection of people on here quite far; there are far too many mediocre djs and mcs here getting a lot of sets.
some of them i really fail to understand why...

aim: DLMdarklight

Me_Kick_Out_Teet
  • Total Posts : 21576
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:18:15 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: L.S.B

fair play to yo

we have never booked as DJ with no skills...(well maybe one from listening to opinions on this forum and listening to a doctored demo, so i have learnt from that now)

loooooooooool...name and shame!!!!!!!!

It beggars belief!
Mod X
  • Total Posts : 26847
RE: BUMLICKING 2006/11/21 13:20:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: D.L.M@darklight

i think it gets a selection of people on here quite far; there are far too many mediocre djs and mcs here getting a lot of sets.
some of them i really fail to understand why...

See you Friday...you're gonna get RIMMED.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 14
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0