Helpful ReplyHot!Boxing tonight

Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 29 of 31
Author
badder2
  • Total Posts : 1937
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/14 16:00:52 (permalink)
Canelo points 
wakeytom
  • Total Posts : 2368
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/14 16:08:05 (permalink)
It is on box nation for bt subscribers, if on BT like me, if you are sky it's ppv https://twitter.com/boxna...tus/908077228365193216
post edited by wakeytom - 2017/09/14 16:10:54
cal2
  • Total Posts : 2655
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/16 13:50:42 (permalink)
canelo is getting brutally knocked the fuck out 
Artical Don
  • Total Posts : 6576
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/16 14:41:49 (permalink)
So excited. Hope GGG wins but Canelo has what it takes to beat him.

Artical Don
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/16 20:44:47 (permalink)
Dubois battered that lad. Brutal KO.

Lrrr
  • Total Posts : 30044
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 04:34:54 (permalink)
Had it 116-112 GGG. Shout the blind judge who had it 118-110 Canelo.

At a push you could make an arguement for the draw depending on the style you like but no way did Canelo win.

badder2
  • Total Posts : 1937
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 05:54:22 (permalink)
That daft bint had GGG only winning 2 rounds? 

I thought Canelo would outpoint him but that was GGG's win IMO
wakeytom
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 09:03:54 (permalink)
Lrrr

At a push you could make an arguement for the draw depending on the style you like but no way did Canelo win.

That was a horrible scorecard how Canelo had that many round from her is unbelievable.

Always knew that in a tighter fight Canelo would get the not especially on Mexican day but he really did not do enough work to win that many rounds. This fight was all about work as it panned out, how you can give a round for 1 landing shot vs being walked down and being constantly worked is beyond me
Artical Don
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 10:23:08 (permalink)
Lrrr

Same. Absolutely no way that was a draw. The biggest fight in years between 2 of the most elite fighters in the world & the judge fucked it completely. Fucking joke. 

darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18083
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 10:42:43 (permalink)
Name: Adelaide Byrd
Employer: Bet365

Great fight though.

Travs
  • Total Posts : 345
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 11:11:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Noc 2017/09/17 13:51:59
I'm no expert when it comes to western boxing... but I'm not adverse to seeing draws, and I think there should be more, where there has not necessarily been an absolute clear winner.

In Burmese Boxing (Lethwei), unless there is a ko or a retirement, the match ends in a draw no matter what. Perhaps that is going a bit too far, but maybe the Muay Thai style of judging could me more implemented.

I won't go into the minefield of Thai judging, but suffice to say that the fight is looked at as a whole, rather than individual rounds which can be won or lost and are then forgotten.

For example red could win the first 3 rounds narrowly, then take a right bashing in rounds 4 & 5, whilst these rounds would not be enough for a 10-8, blue could still win, by virtue of finishing strongly, and being 'first past the post' if you like.

Hard to grasp the concept, but works very well. But then again, Muay Thai is very different, even the very best fighters have lost 10 fights in their career, but that is no shame when you can have 300 fight careers.

I'm trying not let my own experiences cloud my judgement, but as someone who lost my last fight to a very suspect split decision, I do feel pretty strongly on this.

Not that anyone cares.... cool story etc...
darkmatter
  • Total Posts : 18083
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 11:23:47 (permalink)
^ I agree.

Got no problem with it being declared a draw if it's a draw. And if you were applying the thinking you describe then the decision is reasonable i.e. the judge might have been thinking "if this were to go another 5 rounds my money's on Canelo". But the scoring criteria is pretty well established, it's not all resting on the KO. GGG won the technical fight, and it seemed unanimous in that sense. The judge who gave a draw, fair enough, but the clear Canelo win just seems unjustifiable whichever way you look at it.

Lrrr
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 11:45:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby 0-AID 2017/09/18 15:24:48
Boxnation commentators summed it up pretty well, the more memorable single shots came from Canelo, the pressure from GGG.

As others have said, the fact that someone thought it was 118-110 Canelo is the insane part.

RAYZA
  • Total Posts : 91869
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 12:03:13 (permalink)
Got so prang I lost a few hours of my life and missed it. FML.
wakeytom
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 12:39:21 (permalink)
Travs
I'm no expert when it comes to western boxing... but I'm not adverse to seeing draws, and I think there should be more, where there has not necessarily been an absolute clear winner.

In Burmese Boxing (Lethwei), unless there is a ko or a retirement, the match ends in a draw no matter what. Perhaps that is going a bit too far, but maybe the Muay Thai style of judging could me more implemented.

I won't go into the minefield of Thai judging, but suffice to say that the fight is looked at as a whole, rather than individual rounds which can be won or lost and are then forgotten.

For example red could win the first 3 rounds narrowly, then take a right bashing in rounds 4 & 5, whilst these rounds would not be enough for a 10-8, blue could still win, by virtue of finishing strongly, and being 'first past the post' if you like.

Hard to grasp the concept, but works very well. But then again, Muay Thai is very different, even the very best fighters have lost 10 fights in their career, but that is no shame when you can have 300 fight careers.

I'm trying not let my own experiences cloud my judgement, but as someone who lost my last fight to a very suspect split decision, I do feel pretty strongly on this.

Hard to compare to Muay Thai though given round 5 can be a no-contest especially in Thailand - if you know you are 4 down you will concede the last I thought and have a much lighter final round

Although I felt GGG clearly won, Canelo did throw the biggest punches although not in bunches - its that scorecard which is the issue really
DrKevorkian
  • Total Posts : 1404
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 13:33:23 (permalink)
My biggest moan is not having the foresight to put a bet on the draw.

They were talking about this being a trilogy weeks ago.
wakeytom
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 14:48:10 (permalink)
DrKevorkian
My biggest moan is not having the foresight to put a bet on the draw.

They were talking about this being a trilogy weeks ago.

As a draw this would not work as a Trilogy now really
Bosko Balaban
  • Total Posts : 1383
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 17:59:14 (permalink)
any torrents about?
REDBOY1978
  • Total Posts : 14736
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 19:23:47 (permalink)
I scored it 114-114. GGG gave away the first few rounds starting too slow, he dominated the middle rounds. The last 3 rounds were close, I gave Alvarez 10 & 12. That 118-110 scorecard fucked boxing over.
Lrrr
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 19:39:01 (permalink)
REDBOY1978
I scored it 114-114. GGG gave away the first few rounds starting too slow, he dominated the middle rounds. The last 3 rounds were close, I gave Alvarez 10 & 12. That 118-110 scorecard fucked boxing over.

Every fighter you ever back, you come on and make an arguement for them win lose or draw lol

cal2
  • Total Posts : 2655
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 20:06:08 (permalink)
no way in hell was that a draw, what are you on redboy?

i honestly struggled to give more than a few rounds to canelo. i scored it 10-2 golovkin

Even when Canelo had success he was answered and backed up immediately, he had a couple of combo's that looked flashy and golovkin ate them like they were nothing and continued to walk him down and land his ramrod jab (one of the best in the entire sport) you do not win rounds by running around the ring, lying on the ropes and landing a couple of counter shots.

the disgusting thing is, practically every boxing fan knew what was going to happen if it went to the cards.
thats boxing, the most corrupt sport in the world.
REDBOY1978
  • Total Posts : 14736
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 22:17:15 (permalink)
Lrrr
REDBOY1978

Every fighter you ever back, you come on and make an arguement for them win lose or draw lol

Lol, I try to score a fight impartially. I don't see how anyone could give GGG a shout in the first 3 rounds, he didn't land anything. A lot of people I've spoken to scored all 3 of the final rounds for Alvarez. I can stomach 7-5 for either fighter, anything more than that I see as biased scoring.
SW14
  • Total Posts : 9865
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/17 22:18:26 (permalink)
I thought it was an enthralling fight. After a couple of cagey early rounds it was exactly what I'd hoped for. Fair play to Canelo perching on the ropes with his hands down shaking his head at Golovkin, that takes some serious bottle. I didn't even wait for the decision because I assumed a routine GGG points victory.

Boxing as a sport has to be careful, one day people will stop buying fights because of these ridiculous decisions. It's yet another farce to add to the litany of suspect or implausible judging decisions I can think of over the last decade.
Lrrr
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/18 12:03:34 (permalink)

wakeytom
Travs

Hard to compare to Muay Thai though given round 5 can be a no-contest especially in Thailand - if you know you are 4 down you will concede the last I thought and have a much lighter final round

Although I felt GGG clearly won, Canelo did throw the biggest punches although not in bunches - its that scorecard which is the issue really

I swear you just recite what other people say lol

Lrrr
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/18 12:03:42 (permalink)

wakeytom
Travs

SW14
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/18 12:06:45 (permalink)
The punch stats were interesting. Canelo landed more power punches. For me, if a round is a swing round you have to give it to the guy relentlessly walking down the opponent, dominating the centre of the ring and constantly working them with aggression which is why I thought Golovkin should have won by a margin.
Lrrr
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/18 12:08:38 (permalink)
SW14
The punch stats were interesting. Canelo landed more power punches. For me, if a round is a swing round you have to give it to the guy relentlessly walking down the opponent, dominating the centre of the ring and constantly working them with aggression which is why I thought Golovkin should have won by a margin.

This is it really, different judges prefer different styles.

wakeytom
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/18 12:25:30 (permalink)
Lrrr

wakeytom
Travs

What do you want me to say? I felt like that before I read anyone elses views on the fight
SW14
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/18 12:32:48 (permalink)
Lrrr
SW14

At least we are pretty much guaranteed a rematch of the fight of the year. Some epic exchanges. I'd gladly watch another instalment.
Lrrr
Re: RE: Boxing tonight 2017/09/18 12:50:19 (permalink)
SW14
Lrrr
SW14

At least we are pretty much guaranteed a rematch of the fight of the year. Some epic exchanges. I'd gladly watch another instalment.

FOTY will be Loma vs Rigo in December!

Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 29 of 31
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0