Hot!sub focus is overrated

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
shroomy
  • Total Posts : 24484
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/17 17:33:26 (permalink)
I agree that hes a tad overrated but he aint exactly shit. I only own 1 of his tunes though i think.
Doubt
  • Total Posts : 6609
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/17 17:44:39 (permalink)
DOWN THE DRAIN
ACID TEST
SOUNDGUY
SQUELCH RMX

X ray/scarecrow was BIG
DJ NFiltrate
  • Total Posts : 2796
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/17 18:20:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Hippo

Dissers, check Verano. Sounds good and a bit different.

good- yes. different- see ed rush + optical- goodfoot.
Ray Rampage
  • Total Posts : 14433
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/17 18:23:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: DJ N Gage

ORIGINAL: Hippo

Dissers, check Verano. Sounds good and a bit different.

good- yes. different- see ed rush + optical- goodfoot.

+
http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/sr?C=HBT012&S=B

DJ NFiltrate
  • Total Posts : 2796
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/17 18:30:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Syhr

ORIGINAL: DJ N Gage

ORIGINAL: jahkris

subfocus is kinda like a version of pendulum thats still cool

maybe it's because he's Ram-affiliated & everyone loves Andy C, but Fresh is the big villain of D&B at the moment so Pendulum are fair game.
it's just a popularity contest, they make the same music ffs.

[sm=wtf.gif] 4 stupid comments in 1 post.

where?
everyone loves andy c?
Fresh is the villain of d&b atm?

or is it the 'they make the same music' comment? cos as far as i'm concerned they pretty much do (and notice i wasn't judging that as good or bad, btw).
it's all big synthey riffs, massive buildups and drops, make the pillheads jump kind of music. "it goes off in a dance" bizniss.

i just don't understand why SF gets love while Pendulum get cussed by even jump up heads.

& please don't make me type 'imo', it makes us all look stupid

1. the fact that people wouldn't criticise someones music because they release it on andy cs record label.
2. pendulum get criticised because people don't like fresh and they release their music on his label.
3. this music is a popularity contest
4. they make the same music

obviously everybody has their own opinion but those comments seemed really out of character from someone who normally talks a lot of sense about stuff
Corpsey
  • Total Posts : 17577
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/17 19:29:53 (permalink)
Not my cup of tea really. I actually like ''X Ray'' but ''Special Place'' ''Juno'' etc. don't do it for me.

djoz1
  • Total Posts : 743
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/17 23:05:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mighty Wighty

I try and resist slating artists as much as possible but I honestly cant see what all the fuss is about?

tunes are dry imo

on the same level as pendulum's beats - snythy cheese

sort it out mate, subfocus is one of the best producers around at the mo. FACT.!!!
escape
  • Total Posts : 25135
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/17 23:06:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: RayRampage

LOL when you make tunes that are big your always gonna get cussed.

Always going to be the way on forums.

Tickets on Sale Now priced at £10 from www.theticketsellers.co.uk
Syhr
  • Total Posts : 43855
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/17 23:13:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Escape

it's not forums though. it's music. by nature music has people that are passionate about it, and want to speak up about the things they love / hate, because it means so much to people. blaming forums is a big cop out if you ask me. i don't particularly like SF tunes, but i aint speaking up about it just for a forum rep as 'that bloke who cusses big tunes' or to look cool or whatever. people have opinions outside of the internet as well.

J Funk
  • Total Posts : 25045
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/17 23:18:13 (permalink)
Hi, I'm Sub Focus. You may remember me from such hits as X-Ray and Airplane.
escape
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/17 23:18:34 (permalink)

it's not forums though. it's music. by nature music has people that are passionate about it, and want to speak up about the things they love / hate, because it means so much to people. blaming forums is a big cop out if you ask me. i don't particularly like SF tunes, but i aint speaking up about it just for a forum rep as 'that bloke who cusses big tunes' or to look cool or whatever. people have opinions outside of the internet as well.

True but many heads on here and doa seem to jump on the bandwagon.
Subfocus aint really my thing but I dont see the point in being negative about him like some heads. He dose have talent but im just not into his music. I did bag acid test though and juno (only for the picture disk).

babybim
  • Total Posts : 508
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/17 23:22:09 (permalink)
Everyone's entitled to their opinion... Personally I've got alot of respect for him. He's younger than me, he's obviously got a talent and he's probably having the time of his fucking life! Fair play to him.

Love Soundguy and Scarecrow by the way!

Always outnumbered, never outdanced!
Kilik
  • Total Posts : 10678
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/18 00:01:02 (permalink)
i like subfocus
Mod X
  • Total Posts : 26846
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/18 00:05:21 (permalink)
X-ray grew on me, Scarecrow was wicked and I'm gonna buy Flamenco when I get around to it.

Subfocus' style isn't really bang on mine but he is good at what he does and I've been into a few of his tunes.

Bottom line is, he's fucking talented but he doesn't appeal to everyones taste, however that doesn't take anything away from his talent.

However mullets do not and will not look good ever.
escape
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/18 00:10:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mod X

X-ray grew on me, Scarecrow was wicked and I'm gonna buy Flamenco when I get around to it.

Subfocus' style isn't really bang on mine but he is good at what he does and I've been into a few of his tunes.

Bottom line is, he's fucking talented but he doesn't appeal to everyones taste, however that doesn't take anything away from his talent.

No wonder Garry likes him

Mod X
  • Total Posts : 26846
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/18 00:12:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mod X

No wonder Garry likes him

Baaaahahhahahaha
JAQYCHAN
  • Total Posts : 5830
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/18 00:37:57 (permalink)
I didnt know that anyone dissed sub focus on this forum. it surprises me that so many people dont rate him. there are a few tunes of his that I dont like but its the same with every producer, not every tune can be as good as the last.

top producer and dj I reckon. so many sick tunes in such a short time. big up nick
TAZ B
  • Total Posts : 3810
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/18 00:46:41 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: dj physikal

I dont own a single Sub Focus record. Its just not my cuppa tea so I aint gonna slag it off.

BVLOODY HELL SOME ONE BEIN MATURE IN A FORUM

I LIKE IT
General Dee
  • Total Posts : 3217
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/18 02:22:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: subterra

Listen to the 3 Subfocus tunes on this mix and then tell me they sound like pendulum - The guy has alot of talent and can make more than mainstream stuff, he's extreamly versatile and can do alot of different stuff - very talented musican if you ask me! just doing his thing in the world of dnb - haven't heard anything of this kind from pendulum in the slightest!

Im stating my point with this post not trying to boost my mix btw.

SUBTERRA MIX PART 2

Date: 04.04.06

Time: 60mins 38sec

Tracks: 22

Size: 157 kbps//67.6MB

Download: http://www.musicv2.com/download.php?id=19540

Stream: http://www.musicv2.com/stream.php?id=19540

Host: http://www.musicv2.com/artist/ash.t

1. Aldabra (Commix Rmx) - Tactile (Dispatch)

2. Subway - Ed Rush (Prototype)

3. Forgot the Name - Breakage (Scientific Wax)

4. Going gets Tough - Lemon D (Prototype)

5. Fading Grey - Do the Math (Revolution)

6. Heavy - Jenna G feat Logistics (Bingo)

7. Calibre & Zero Tolerance - Still (Signature)

8. Amozon - Subfocus & Danny Wheeler (Dub)

9. Pime Time - Marky & XRS (Grid)

10. Love Unlimited - Logistics (Liquid V)

11. Foxy Lady - Trinity (Chronic)

12. Your Thing - Subfocus (Dub)

13. Vai E Vem (Nu Tone Rmx) - Ikon (Jalapeno)

14. Misguided - Logistics (Dub)

15. Morning Glory - Random Movement (Bassbin)

16. Rock You - Do The Math (Dub)

17. Go back to go Forward - Calibre (Signature) DOUBLE MIX
THREE DECK MIX
18. Loves Ugly Child - D-Bridge (Soul R)

19. Late Late Show - Do The Math (Dub)

20. Shine - Influx UK (Formation)

21. Face Value - Subfocus (Dub)

22. LFO - LFO (Warp Records)

Nice one for the mixs
vendetta
  • Total Posts : 2164
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/18 02:30:32 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: djculprit

subfocus is sick, he varies his tune styles unlike pendulum.

subfocus is the man imo

u know this. i can't wait for his album, he's a proper raver, his mixdowns are sick, he's versatile, his drums are bad (how many ed & optical tunes use the same drums, and they r still good?), he was the only dj apart from friction who double droped tunes at hospitality, his hair is great, he looks like my mate.
standard
djculprit
  • Total Posts : 2970
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/18 07:02:00 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: vendetta

ORIGINAL: djculprit

subfocus is sick, he varies his tune styles unlike pendulum.

subfocus is the man imo

u know this. i can't wait for his album, he's a proper raver, his mixdowns are sick, he's versatile, his drums are bad (how many ed & optical tunes use the same drums, and they r still good?), he was the only dj apart from friction who double droped tunes at hospitality, his hair is great, he looks like my mate.
standard

he is a raver, seen him in miami, had a little chat. he is a dancefloor damager, no question about it. proper safe too.

I can't wait for the album either.....
D.L.M@darklight
  • Total Posts : 9115
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/18 08:08:00 (permalink)
i used to not be on a lot of his tunes, but in the last 6 months i've started to like a lot of his stuff.
airplane is easily my favourite tune in the past 18 months or so...!

aim: DLMdarklight

access
  • Total Posts : 1359
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/18 09:33:37 (permalink)
Sub Focus - Your Thing

People that dont like his 'sound' and think he copies Pendulum listen to this and then hush thy lips. Wicked tune very talented producer
dj_twigz
  • Total Posts : 3838
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/18 09:55:01 (permalink)
Subfocus (IMO) is easily the best producer in the scene at the moment. I can understand why some people would not be feelin what he's creating but i think everything he's done from "down the drain" to "special place" has been some of the greatest stuff in drum and bass. His drums loops do seem abit repetative but i think that strong punchy beat is absolutly wicked and stands out in a rave or listening on cd. A subfocus track you've never heard before can be played and you'll sit there thinking..."i bet thats a subfocus track" but never dissapointed from what i'm hearing. I think the greatest track he's made is definatly "Soundguy" which was the final track before he was unleashed onto ram rather that frequency. I think his tracks are gettin bigger and better with every second he is spending on the computer messin around creating sounds. I agree there are certain tracks that have been nowhere near as good as others...for example comapring bluenote with x-ray imo would be wrong because there is no compitition but for him to be compared to pendulum i think is harsh. I like pendulums music to be honest but subfocus is on a completely different level. The dnb artists that you love and listen to everyday will most likely be rinsing subfocus tracks because he is raw talent in the scene and is respected greatly as a producer....big up subfocus..smashes it each and everytime.

CAPP_O
  • Total Posts : 3881
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/18 09:59:34 (permalink)
Subfocus is actually Pendulum, the guys we see as Pendulum are actors hired by Fresh. Fact.

I have video evidence to back up my comments.
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 22346
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/19 10:06:58 (permalink)
i cant be arsed to read the rest of this thread so my comments could be invalid.

But the few subfocus sets that i have heard have been spot on. I definately prefer him as a DJ. As a producer his tunes seem to be a bit 'samey', but then alot of producers and bringin out samey beats these days.

His set at Tranzmission sounded like a goodun
Nicol
  • Total Posts : 1522
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/19 12:12:22 (permalink)

People read into forums too much and are like woah everyone hates Pendulum yea thats why they are booked each every week.

His drums may sound samey but that the amount of compression he is using on his drum to make them stand out in the mix. listen how clean it sound compared to other artsist out there.

He is big cos he keeps it simple and clean.

I aint one to really have a far comment as I rate him and also my working background with Ram.

At the end of the day its swings and roundabouts, what you may like I may hate its just weather you feel you have to go shouting your mouth off on foroums about it or not.

DNB is great at the moment , and im pleased to be apart of it. Find apart of it you like and focus on that! Stop bitching about something that aint gonna change. All the time he is selling as much units as he does, he is going to make what he is feeling.

bit hippocritical mr rampage, considering ur post about clipz's hand grenade remix the other week..............

NAM Musik - Bingo - Frontline - Frequency - Low Down Deep - Chronic - Stereotype - Street Art

http://www.nammusik.com
AlanAttack
  • Total Posts : 2143
RE: sub focus is overrated 2006/05/19 12:16:16 (permalink)
I lit his cig at breakin science. I'm such a fan boy.
gutlessrhyme
  • Total Posts : 22346
Re: RE: sub focus is overrated 2018/01/13 01:03:47 (permalink)
Anyone know who is behind the remix of x-ray?
Alchemist
  • Total Posts : 1306
Re: RE: sub focus is overrated 2018/01/13 01:14:42 (permalink)
Metrik.
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0